C Introduction – Defination
C is a computer programming language. It was developed in the year 1972. C was developed by Dennis M. Ritchie at the Bell Telephone Laboratories. The reason behind the development of C was to develop the UNIX operating system using C programming language.
C is one of the oldest programming as we can see it was developed in the year 1972. It is also one of the famous programming language along with Java.
Why C among all other programming language?
Below are the reasons why C language is preferred over other programming languages.
- One of the oldest programming language.
- C is really easy to learn.
- It is well structured language.
- It can be compiled on variety of computer programs.
- C produces code that runs nearly as fast as the code written in assembly language.
- Some examples of the use of C might be − Operating Systems, Language Compilers, Assemblers, Text Editors, Print Spoolers, Network Drivers, Modern Programs, Databases, Language Interpreters, Utilities.
A c program can be of only 3 lines and also of millions of lines.
It should be written into one or more files using the extension “.c ” for example : Program.c.
We can use any text editor to write c program. And also we can use compiler like Turbo C++ to write and compile c programs.
A C program basically consists of the following parts −
- Preprocessor Commands
- Statements & Expressions
Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- How to Install OnePlus 5T Oxygen OS 4.7.6 OTA Update - January 20, 2018
- How to Install OnePlus 5T Stock Rom : Download and Flash Nougat - January 13, 2018
- OnePlus 5T USB Driver for Windows : Download and install - January 13, 2018