Installing Twrp on Oneplus 3 mobile phone
This smartphone is produced by OnePlus company. It was launched on june 2016.
OnePlus 3 is powered by 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 6 GB ram.
In this post I will show how to install twrp recovery on oneplus 3 easily to get maximum benefits out of your mobile.
So, Lets start !
Why install Twrp recovery on OnePlus 3 ?
- For rooting.
- For rom flashing.
- For custom kernels flashing.
- And much more…..
- If anything happens to your device, me or android rom site will not be responsible. But we will always there to help you.
- Do it on your own risk, because it can void your warranty.
- It is easy process, so follow step by step and don’t take any tension.
Watch : Video on How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus3
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
Follow below steps to successfully root oneplus 3 device.
Step 1: Preparation and Prerequisites before installing twrp on OnePlus 3
- Download and Install ADB and fasboot on your PC.
- Make sure that your OnePlus 3 is atleast 70% charged.
- Backup (Optional) – Unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe all data from oneplus 3. So, if you want your data to be safe, backup data before proceeding otherwise do not backup.
- Enable USB Debugging : On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times. This will enable Developer options. Now go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Enable OEM Unlocking – On your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking‘ option.
- Enable Advanced Reboot – On your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘Advanced Reboot‘ option.
Step 2 : Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 3
Follow below steps to unlock the bootloader of oneplus 3:
- First switch off the Oneplus 3.
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power.
- The phone will display “fastboot” text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- Plug the phone into your PC.
- Now go to folder in C drive where you installed ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- Now in that folder open a command prompt window by pressing (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here) and type Code:
- This command will list the connected devices to your PC. If your phones serial number then you have successfully connected your oneplus 3 to PC and may continue.
- If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If you have problem installing driver comment below.
- After successful connection of phone to PC, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
Note : Remember that this step will/should wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following commands
Now, your OnePlus 3 will reboot. You may now Continue to the next step to install Custom Recovery .
Step 3 : Install Custom TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
Follow below steps to intall twrp recovery on your oneplus 3.
- Download TWRP recovery for oneplus 3.
- Copy downloaded twrp recovey to Fastboot and ADB folder.
- Rename downloaded recovery file to recovery.img.
- Now switch off your phone. And go to fastboot mode by holding volume up + power.
- Now open command window in adb folder by pressing (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here) and type Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the flash has completed on your phone. Unplug Your phone and boot your phone into system.
- Congratulations ! You have successfully installed twrp recovery on your oneplus 3.
To check if you have successfully installed Twrp recovery on oneplus 3 or not. Go to recovery mode: First Switch off your phone and then press Power + Volume Down button. You will see that you are in recovery mode and it is successfully installed.
I hope you liked the article on How to install twrp recovery on oneplus 3 successfully without any problem. It is really easy and step by step guide. I did my best to provide you easiest guide on installing twrp.
If you have any problem in installing the custom recovery then comment below and let me know your problem, i will help your for sure. That’s it from my side.
If you appreciated our work please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos, it really encourages us. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus. Sharing our Article on Social Media will be appreciated. Good Bye. Stay tuned for more Post.
- Download and Install Xiaomi Mi MAX 2 MIUI 9 version 220.127.116.11 Stable Update in India
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 | Official Method | Step by Step Procedure
- [Solved] How to fix Can’t Verify Update Error in Mi Redmi Note 4 | MIUI 7.2.24 | Install MIUI 9 Nougat Update
Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- How to Install OnePlus 5T Oxygen OS 4.7.6 OTA Update - January 20, 2018
- How to Install OnePlus 5T Stock Rom : Download and Flash Nougat - January 13, 2018
- OnePlus 5T USB Driver for Windows : Download and install - January 13, 2018