How to Root Oneplus 5T Successfully Explained
Hello geeks, are you looking to root your oneplus 5t smartphone? Well then you are at the right place.
In this post i am going to show you 3 steps to root oneplus 5t mobile phone.
Oneplus 5T is 6.01 inch mobile phone having android operating system. It has 1080*2160 display. Oneplus 5T comes with 2.45GHz octa-core processor and 6GB of RAM and 20-megapixel rear camera.
Amazing features Oneplus 5t has!! Isn’t it?
Rooting your smartphone has many advantages such as you can boost phone speed and memory life, block ads, easily backup, flash custom roms and kernels, uninstall preinstalled bloatwares and crapwares and many more advantages….
Lets, Start rooting process.
3 Steps to root Oneplus 5T
There are only three steps which you need to follow for a successful rooting of your oneplus 5t.
Step 1 : Unlock the Bootloader of Oneplus 5T.
Step 2 : Flash TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 5T.
Step 3 : Root your Oneplus 5T smartphone.
All the steps are explained below so you can follow those steps and root your android.
- But before starting rooting process you must full below requirements.
Requirements before the rooting process of Oneplus 5T:
- This guide is only for Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 5T mobiles.
- Your phone must be at least 70% charged.
- You must use original Oneplus 5T cable, whenever required during the rooting process.
- Backup (Optional) : If you don’t want to lose any data you must take backup, otherwise you are good to go.
Note : By attempting to root, unlock bootloader, flash twrp recovery on your Oneplus 5T, you are taking full responsibility of your actions. We will not be held responsible if anything happens to your device. But we will be always there to help you.
Step 1 : Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 5T
- First Enable Developer Option. By going to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times. This will enable Developer options.
- Now enable USB Debugging. Go to Settings >Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Enable OEM unlocking option. On your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option. Also make sure that from now on, OEM unlocking option is enabled before you reboot as sometimes, it might get disabled itself.
- Enable Advanced Reboot. On your phone go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘Advanced Reboot’ option.
- Now go to your PC and Download and install ADB and Fastboot Driver on your PC.
- After installing ADB and fastboot, go to folder in C drive of your PC, where you installed ADB and Fastboot Driver. Folder will look something like this.
- Then open a command prompt window in that folder by pressing (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here).
- Now boot your oneplus 5 android phone in Fastboot mode. To do so. Switch off your phone. Then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power. The phone will display “fastboot” text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- Type the below command:
This command will list the connected devices to your pc. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices. If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader.
Note : Below Step will WIPE EVERYTHING off the phone so Backup all your Data
- Type following command:
fastboot oem unlock
You will get a popup with a Unlock Bootloader Warning page, Hit the Vol button to select Yes and turn it Blue and Hit the Power Button to Execute the selection.
- Your device will reboot, reboot into stock recovery and wipe all data. Once done, your phone will reboot into the OS. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader.
Now continue to step 2 to install Custom TWRP Recovery on your Oneplus 5T smartphone.
Step 2 : Flash Custom TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 5T
- Again, Enable Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Enable OEM Unlocking.
- And Enable Advanced Reboot.
- Download TWRP Recovery on your PC for Oneplus 5T and place it in ADB and Fastboot installation folder.
- Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img like in the image below.
- Now in the ADB and Fastboot installation folder and open command window there.
- Type the below commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the flash has completed, Unplug Your phone then Manually boot it into recovery by
pressing the Vol Button for a couple of times till you see recovery in red at the top and then hit the power button to reboot.
- Now you have successfully installed the twrp recovery on oneplus 5t.
Proceed to Step 3 to root oneplus 5t smartphone.
Step 3 : Root your Oneplus 5T Smartphone
- Download SuperSu.zip File on your onepluse 5t mobile.
- Once Again, Enable Developer options. Enable USB debugging. Enable OEM Unlocking.. And Enable Advanced Reboot.
- Now press power button and click on advance reboot and then click on recovery.
- You will be rebooted to twrp recovery.
- Allow system modifications.
- Swipe right and enable modifications.
- Select your preferred Language, Tap “Never show this screen on boot again,” and Swipe allow modification.
- In the recovery mode click on Install.
- Now select SuperSu.zip File.
- Swipe to Confirm flash.
- Reboot System
- That’s it…
Note : The first boot after wiping the phone may take longer than usual, as the phone will need to rebuild the dalvik cache and initialize other first boot and would reboot a few times due to SuperSU Flash.
Congrats! you have successfully unlocked bootloader, a custom recovery is installed and your oneplus 5 is rooted !!
To check if your device is rooted or not, download Root Checker app from Playstore.
Note on Rooting Oneplus 5t:
- Rooting Voids you Oneplus 5T Warranty.
- Your Oneplus 5T is now more vulnerable and less secure.
- We will note be responsible if anything happens with your Oneplus 5T during rooting process. But we will be always here to help.
- You can not root Oneplus 5T without unlocking bootloader.
- Rooting Oneplus 5T Requires flashing SuperSu on Mi Max.
Summing Up !
Follow above guide carefully, don’t hurry up. Proceed step by step to successfully root Oneplus 5t.
I hope you liked the article on how to root Oneplus 5t without computer or pc. If you have question, problem or needed any kind of help, let me know by commenting. I will always help you.
If you liked this article Please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus. Sharing our Article on Social Media will be appreciated. Good Bye. Stay tuned for more such posts.
Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- How to Install OnePlus 5T Oxygen OS 4.7.6 OTA Update - January 20, 2018
- How to Install OnePlus 5T Stock Rom : Download and Flash Nougat - January 13, 2018
- OnePlus 5T USB Driver for Windows : Download and install - January 13, 2018