How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Looking for simple step by step guide on How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 which was launched in May 2017, then you are at right place.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is a Mi Company android mobile having great sets of specifications and features.
Mi Max 2 comes with 6.4 inch display with a HD Resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It has 4GB Ram and 64GB internal storage which is expandable up to 128GB. It runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 2 Ghz Processor and has Android 7.1.1 with MiUi 8.
We have also made video on How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Max 2, so you can check out Here.
Why Someone wants to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Below are the reasons why anyone should unlock bootloader of Mi Max 2:
- To Restore your Bricked Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- For Rooting Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- To Install Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP on Mi Max 2.
- To Install Custom Roms on Mi Max 2.
- ……..And Much more.
Step by Step Procedure to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Max 2 Android Phone
Below is simple step by step procedure guide for unlocking Xiaomi Mi Max 2 bootloader. If you do not understand any step or anything just comment below, i will help you for sure.
- Android Rom website or any of its member will not be held responsible in case anything happens to your device, it will be your responsibility. But we will always help you.
- You will lose your Mi Max 2 warranty.
There are Two Parts in Bootloader Unlocking Process of Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
- First Part is Applying and Getting Bootloader Unlocking Permission from Mi.
- Second Part is Unlocking Bootloader after getting Permission.
Part 1:- Get the Bootloader Unlocking Permission from Mi
For getting bootloader unlocking permission for your Mi Max 2 Mobile from Mi follow below steps:
Step 3: Click on Unlock Button and on the next page it will ask you to login into your MI Account. Login in it simply by putting login detail which you created in Step 1 or you can also Login using Facebook Account.
Step 4: Once you are logged in you will see an Unlock Application Permission Page.
Step 5: Fill your Name, Mobile Number and Reason why you want to unlock bootloader. And after filling everything correctly tap on button Apply Now.
Note: Do not write long reason. Just keep it short and simple.
For example: My Phone is bricked, I request you to accept my approval. Thank You.
Step 6: On the Next Page you will need to enter the Verification Code sent to you by SMS.
Note: Servers are really slow, so it may take some time to get the sms code like 10-15 minutes. Do not tap on resend multiple time. They can ban your Ip if you tap on resend so many times. If you get error try after 24 hours again.
Step 7: Once completed. You will see page saying “Submitted. Please wait for the review.” It will around 3-10 days for the approval and you will receive confirmation approval by SMS.
Note: If it is not approved go to Help Forum and take their support.
Step 8: Once you get approval confirmation message like below. You can proceed forward to Part 2 for unlocking process.
Note: It can take up to 10 minutes to 10 days to get approval message.
Part 2:- Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices after Getting Permission
If you have successfully completed step 1 to get Approval Confirmation Message by Mi. Follow further below steps.
Note and Preparations:
- You will lose all your data of Mi Max 2. So make sure to take backup of your mobile data.
- You will void your Mi Max 2 Warranty.
- Charge your Mi max 2 to atleast 50 percent.
- Use original Mi Max 2 USB cable only.
Step 1: Enable the Developer Option of your Mi max. To do so go to Settings > About Phone and tap on MIUI Version 7-8 times.
Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status. And Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device.
Now in Developer Options enable OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Sign in to your Mi Account.
Step 4: After Signing in reboot your Mi Max 2 in Bootloader mode. To do so:
Switch off your mobile. Press the Power Button and Volume Down (-) Button at the same time.
Step 5: Connect your Mi Max 2to PC using USB Cable.
Step 6: Simply Click on Unlock button. It will take 10-15 seconds for unlocking process.
Step 7: Congratulations you have successfully unlocked bootloader of your Xiaomi MI Max Phone.
Note for Unlocking Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
- Make sure that your MI Account is not associated with more than one mobile. If it is so error may occur.
- Unlocking Bootloader of Mi Max phone makes your phone less secure and more vulnerable to malware.
- Some features of your Xiaomi mobile will stop working. Like Find your Device, Added Value Services etc.
Keep in mind do not hurry up during doing the process. Read each and every steps carefully and then proceed step by step. Comment below if any kind of assistance needed.
That’s all I hope you like the post on how to unlock booloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 mobile officially. If you have any question you can ask me below in comment section.
If you liked the article Please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus. Sharing our Article on Social Media will be appreciated. Good Bye. Stay tuned for more Post.
Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- Download and Install Xiaomi Mi MAX 2 MIUI 9 version 220.127.116.11 Stable Update in India - November 5, 2017
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 | Official Method | Step by Step Procedure - November 5, 2017
- C Introduction – What is and Why C? - November 2, 2017